- See also: Chrysler Pacifica (1999 concept vehicle)
|Manufacturer||Chrysler LLC (2007)|
|Assembly||Windsor, Ontario, Canada|
|Body style(s)||4-door SUV|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive / Four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Chrysler CS platform|
|Engine(s)||3.5 L EGJ V6|
3.8 L EGH V6
4.0 L SOHC V6
|Transmission(s)||4-speed automatic with AutoStick|
6-speed 62TE automatic with AutoStick
|Wheelbase||116.3 in (2954 mm)|
|Length||198.9 in (5052 mm) (2007-08)|
189.5 in (4813 mm) (2004-06)
|Width||79.3 in (2014 mm)|
|Height||66.5 in (1689 mm) (2004-06)|
68.3 in (1735 mm) (2007-08)
|Related||Chrysler Town & Country|
Chrysler Voyager (Mexico)
Dodge Grand Caravan
Model year changes
Initially, the vehicle came in just one trim level, dubbed Pacifica.
2005 and 2006
The 2005 Pacifica offered four trim levels: Base, Touring, Limited, and the limited-version Signature Series.
The interior was also slightly restyled. Faux wood trim came standard in Pacifica Touring and Limiteds, while the base-model "Pacifica" (Later Pacifica LX), offered interior colored plastic trim.
The Pacifica's exterior was slightly restyled for 2007, including its headlights, hood, fenders, grille, front fascia and wheels. The brand new 4.0 L SOHC V6 engine was added, to complement the standard 3.8 L EGH V6. With the addition of the new engine and transmission, Dual Exhaust was added. New options included a rearview camera incorporated into the navigation system, YES Essentials (stain, odor, and static-resistant) seat fabric and new wheel options.
Pacifica's offered a towing capacity of 3,500 pounds (1,600 kg). The CUV's were equipped with "Autostick" transaxles, Chrysler's version of a manually controlled automatic transmission and two engine choices: a 4.0 liter V6 SOHC 6-speed transmission, or 3.8 liter V6 OHV 4-speed. Other features include five-link rear suspension, self-leveling rear shock absorbers, and variable assist rack-and-pinion steering.
In 2006 the Chrysler Pacifica won an award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety as the “best pick frontal”. In 2007, the Pacifica won a five star front and side crash test rating. The Pacifica received this award for being equipped with traction control, four wheel anti-lock disc brakes, all-row side curtain air bags, Electronic Stability Program, and tire pressure monitoring system.
Third row seating was optional on the Pacifica. Front row seats featured an eight-way power driver seat and four-way power passenger seat on all standard Pacificas. The Limited and Touring included a ten-way power seat for the driver. The Pacifica came with a seating preference memory system that also controlled mirrors and pedals. Seats were available with stain and odor resistant fabric on all seats and six different fabric designs.
Cargo space was 79.5 cubic feet with second and third rows are folded. All Pacifica models came with AM/FM radio along with CD player and a seven speaker, 200-watt audio system. Limited models came with a year subscription of Sirius satellite radio, 6-disc DVD player capable of playing MP3, DVD audio, DVD video, DVD-R and DVD-RW discs, and an eight-speaker audio system. Standard models included dual-zone manual temperature control while the Limited and Touring offered automatic temperature control system. Limited and Touring models offered an available navigation system (unusually located inside the instrument cluster), along with an optional rear-view camera. A hands-free communication system was also available.
- Pacifica • 2004 •
- Base • 2005-2007 •
- Touring • 2005-2008 • Pacifica with more seating and interior features.
- Limited • 2005-2008 • Pacifica with extra features, including DVD, GPS and sunroof.
- Signature Series • 2005-2006 • 2008
- "Chrysler Introduces the Pacifica". Crittendon Automotive Library, John Birchard, June 19, 2003. http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/articles/0844.php.
- "Chrysler launched the Pacifica and the Crossfire in the USA". Global Auto Index.com. http://www.globalautoindex.com/news.plt?no=342.
- "Long-Term Test: 2004 Chrysler Pacifica". Edmunds.com 06-25-2003. http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=100348/pageNumber=1?synpartner=edmunds&pageurl=www.edmunds.com/used/2004/chrysler/pacifica/100218686/roadtestarticle.html&articleId=100348&editorialpage=page003.
- Day of pain: Downsizing aims to return Chrysler to profitability
- "Feds Probe Fire Hazard in Chrysler Pacifica". Joe Benton, ConsumerAffairs.Com, Feb 26 08. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/02/nhtsa_pacifica.html.
- Automotive News Jan 7 2008
- Automotive News Jan 7 2008