Dodge Phoenix (Australia)
From Dodge Wiki
The Dodge Phoenix is an Automobile which was produced by Chrysler Australia from 1960 to 1973.
The Phoenix was introduced in 1960 as an Australian assembled version of the United States Dodge Dart , positioned above the locally developed Chrysler Royal as Chrysler Australia’s luxury model. It borrowed its name from the top Dart model, the Dodge Dart Phoenix, but unlike its American namesake it was offered only as a four door Sedan and only with a 318 Cubic inch V8 engine . The Phoenix was subsequently restyled each year in line with revisions to American Dodge models (initially the Dart and latter the Polara) until a change of policy for 1965 saw the Phoenix based on the American Plymouth Fury for the first time. Like the 1965 Fury, this model featured vertically stacked headlights . A four door Hardtop body style joined the sedan in 1967 fitted with a 383 cubic inch V8 engine whilst the sedan continued with the smaller 318 cubic inch V8 . The two body styles continued to be offered until the final Australian Phoenix was built in 1973 . The Australian developed Chrysler Sedan then inherited the role of the top level luxury model in Chrysler’s Australian range.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Phoenix Retrieved from allpar.com on 12 September 2008
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dodge Phoenix model listing Retrieved from The Red Book on 30 December 2008
- ↑ The Macquarie Dictionary of Motoring, 1986, pages 120-121
- Dodge Phoenix images Retrieved from The Australian Dodge Phoenix on 12 September 2008
- Dodge Phoenix identification guide (via Mopar menu option) Retrieved from Phoenix Mechanical on 12 September 2008