Mack Avenue Engine Complex

From Dodge Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Mack Avenue Engine Complex is a 110-acre (45 ha) Chrysler Automobile factory in Detroit, Michigan. The first portion of the factory was purchased by Chrysler in 1953 and converted into a stamping plant. The factory floor space covers 1,400,000 square feet (130,000 m2).[1] It was the original production site for the Dodge Viper, from 1992 through 1995 when the Viper moved to Conner Avenue Assembly. It was converted into an engine plant in 1998, with the additional 650,000 square feet (60,000 m2) of "Mack Engine II" added in 1999.[1] The total employees of both factories are about 1,300, which are represented by UAW local 51.[1]

Current products:

References


Personal tools