Newark Assembly was a Chrysler automobile factory in Newark, Delaware. The factory opened in 1951 as a tank plant and was converted for automobiles in 1957. It was the home for the Dodge Durango SUV since its introduction in 1997. On February 14, 2007, DaimlerChrysler announced that the plant would lose one working shift in 2007, and would be scheduled to be shut down completely in 2009. In October 2008, it was announced that the closure would be moved up to the end of 2008 citing a slowdown in both the economy and demand for large vehicles.
- 1974–1977 Dodge Monaco
- 1976–1980 Dodge Aspen
- 1981–1989 Dodge Aries (coupe and station wagon)
- 1981–1989 Plymouth Reliant (coupe and station wagon)
- 1982–1988 Chrysler Town and Country
- 1982–1995 Chrysler LeBaron** (coupes from 1982 to 1986)
- 1989–1995 Dodge Spirit
- 1989–1995 Plymouth Acclaim
- 1994–1996 Chrysler Concorde*
- 1994–1996 Dodge Intrepid*
- 1998–2009 Dodge Durango[dead link]
- 2007–2009 Chrysler Aspen
*: Dodge Intrepids and Chrysler Concordes were only built in Newark Assembly from 1994 to 1996. During those years, Newark was an overflow plant for Brampton Assembly.
**: The J-body Chrysler LeBaron coupes and convertibles were produced in St. Louis Assembly from 1987 to 1991. For 1992, production was shifted to Newark until production ended in 1993 for the coupe and 1995 for the convertible.
- Daimler AG (2007-02-14). Chrysler Group Recovery and Transformation Plan Seeks Return to Profitability, Redesigns Business Model. Press release. http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-7171-1-717363-1-0-0-0-0-0-9296-7164-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved on 2008-09-13.
- Krisher, Tom (2008-10-23). "Chrysler cutting 1,825 jobs with moves at 2 plants". Associated Press via Yahoo! News. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081023/ap_on_bi_ge/chrysler_factories_12. Retrieved on 24 October 2008.
- Tadesse, Luladey B. (2007-01-08). "Del. leaders travel to Detroit to plea with Chrysler chief". Delaware News-Journal (Gannett). http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070108/BUSINESS/70108039/-1/NLETTER02. Retrieved on 8 January 2007.