Dodge C Series
From Dodge Wiki
The C Series was a line of Pickup truck sold by Chrysler's Dodge division from the early 1950s through 1960. It replaced the Dodge B Series of trucks and was eventually supplanted by the Dodge D Series, introduced in 1961.
Unlike the B Series, which were closely related to Dodge's prewar trucks, the C Series was a complete redesign. Dodge continued the "pilot house" tradition of high-visibility cabs with a wraparound windshield, introduced in 1955. A two-speed "PowerFlite" Automatic transmission was a novelty in a pickup truck that year.
Dodge called the Hemi-powered trucks "Power Giant" in 1957, and introduced power steering and brakes, a three-speed automatic, and a 12-volt electrical system.
A flat-sided (and thus wider) "Sweptline" cargo box came in 1959. The company also adopted the standard pickup truck numbering scheme, also used by Ford and GM at that time. Thus, the half-ton Dodge was now called the D100. A "Utiline" version with dual rear wheels (known today as a "dualie") was also introduced with a GVWR of 9,000 lb (4,082 kg).
- 1957-1960 Flathead I6, 120 hp (90 kW)
- -1969 241 in³ Red Ram V8, 133 hp (99 kW)
- -1959 331 in³ FirePower V8, 172 hp (128 kW)
- 1957-1959 315 in³ Red Ram V8, 204 hp (152 kW)
- 1959- 318 in³ A-type V8, 200 hp (149 kW)
Medium-Duty/Heavy-Duty C Series
Since it was still based on the older cab design, the C Series name was continued for Dodge's line of medium- and heavy-duty trucks through the 1975 model year (long after most of Dodge's other trucks had moved to the newer D Series designation).